I missed the court date and now I have a warrant out for my arrest. What Should I Do?

Failed to Appear in Court?

Gavel-Law-iconCall a criminal defense attorney as soon as possible. Your attorney will likely be able to recall a warrant without the need for you to be present in court or risk of being arrested. An arrest warrant is a very serious matter, you may be arrested and even detained by police. If you cannot afford an attorney, go to Court’s business office as soon as possible and ask to see a Judge about recalling a warrant. You will then most likely be able to appear before a judge and request for the warrant to be recalled. You will also need to explain why you missed the court date and whether you will be able to comply with the conditions from now on. 

Hours and locations for San Diego Courthouses can be found here.

Call LAWSTACHE criminal defense attorneys at 619-357-6677 for more information or to schedule a consultation.