Were you falsely accused of committing a crime by the San Diego District Attorney’s Office or the United States Attorney’s Office?
Being falsely accused of something can be distressing and challenging to navigate. Here are steps you can consider taking if you find yourself in such a situation:
- Remain Calm: It’s natural to feel angry, scared, or frustrated, but try your best to stay calm and composed. Avoid confrontations. Do NOT speak to the police!
- Seek Legal Advice: Consult with San Diego Criminal Defense Attorney Anton Vialtsin as soon as possible. A legal professional can guide you through the process, explain your rights, and help you build a strong defense strategy. Do NOT speak to the police without your attorney present!
- Gather Evidence: Collect any evidence that can support your innocence. This could include documents, messages, photos, videos, eyewitness accounts, or anything else that can help refute the accusations. San Diego Criminal Defense Attorney Anton Vialtsin will work closely with a private investigator to gather any helpful evidence.
- Document Everything: Keep a detailed record of interactions related to the accusation. Note dates, times, locations, and people involved. This information can be useful in building your defense.
- Avoid Discussing the Case Publicly: Refrain from discussing the case on social media or with people who are not directly involved. Anything you say could potentially be used against you, so it’s best to keep a low profile. Do not post any videos on YouTube or other sites.
- Avoid Self-Incrimination: You have Fifth Amendment rights! Do NOT speak to the police without your attorney present!
- Identify Witnesses: Share the names and contact information of witnesses with your attorney.
- Maintain Open Communication with Your Attorney: Keep your attorney informed about any new developments or evidence that you come across. They can provide advice on the best course of action.
- Follow Legal Procedures: If the case progresses to court, follow the legal procedures and attend all required hearings. San Diego Criminal Defense Attorney Anton Vialtsin will guide you on what to do.
- Consider Mediation or Resolution: Depending on the nature of the accusation, mediation or alternative dispute resolution might be an option to consider, especially if both parties are willing to engage in a constructive dialogue. Experienced San Diego Criminal Defense Attorney Anton Vialtsin will negotiate with the prosecuting agency to have the case dismissed or to get an alternative resolution (diversion).
- Preserve Your Mental Well-Being: Being falsely accused can take a toll on your mental health. Consider seeking support from friends, family, or a mental health professional to help you cope with stress and anxiety.
- Trust the Legal Process: While it might be frustrating, have faith in the legal system’s ability to uncover the truth. San Diego Criminal Defense Attorney Anton Vialtsin will work to protect your rights and ensure that your side of the story is heard.
- Avoid Retaliation: Regardless of your emotions, avoid any form of retaliation against the accuser. Retaliation can harm your case and potentially lead to further legal consequences.
Remember that each situation is unique, and the best course of action may vary depending on the specifics of your case. It’s crucial to consult with a legal professional to receive tailored advice based on your circumstances. Please call us at 619-357-6677 and San Diego Criminal Defense Attorney Anton Vialtsin will be happy to chat with you about your case.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown San Diego at 185 West F Street, Suite 100-D.
You can reach our office by calling (619) 357-6677.
CJA Panel Attorney | ★★★★★ Reviews | Affordable Payment Plans | California State Courts | Federal Courts
Si usted habla espanol
We are available to take appointments on weekdays and weekends. We accept all major credit cards.