Getting a criminal case dismissed in San Diego involves a legal process that depends on various factors, including the nature of the charges, the evidence available, and the law. Here are some general steps you can consider:
- Hire an Attorney: If you’re facing criminal charges, it’s crucial to consult with an experienced San Diego criminal defense attorney. San Diego Criminal Defense Attorney Anton Vialtsin has over a decade of experience getting cases dismissed in San Diego State and Federal Courts. Check out our RESULTS page to see some of our recent victories. Our San Diego criminal defense lawyers can assess your case, provide legal advice, and guide you through the San Diego Criminal Process.
- Review the Evidence: San Diego Criminal Defense Attorney Anton Vialtsin will examine the evidence against you, including witness statements, police reports, and any physical evidence. We will look for weaknesses in the prosecution’s case that could lead to a dismissal.
- Legal Motions: San Diego Criminal Defense Attorney Anton Vialtsin may file various legal motions to challenge the evidence or procedures in your case. These could include motions to suppress evidence obtained unlawfully or to dismiss charges based on legal deficiencies.
- Negotiation: San Diego Criminal Defense Attorney Anton Vialtsin might negotiate with the prosecution (San Diego District Attorneys’ Office or the San Diego City Attorneys’ Office) for a dismissal or a reduction in charges. Plea bargains or diversion programs could be explored, depending on your circumstances.
- Pretrial Diversion Programs: In some cases, you might be eligible for a pretrial diversion program. Completing certain requirements, such as community service or counseling, could lead to your charges being dropped.
- Filing a Motion to Dismiss: San Diego Criminal Defense Attorney Anton Vialtsin can file a formal motion to dismiss with the court. This motion will outline the legal reasons why your case should be dismissed, such as lack of evidence or constitutional violations.
- Court Hearings: The court will review San Diego Criminal Defense Attorney Anton Vialtsin’s motions and the evidence presented. There might be hearings or legal arguments to address the issues raised in the motion to dismiss.
- Trial: If the case proceeds to trial, San Diego Criminal Defense Attorney Anton Vialtsin will present your defense, challenge the prosecution’s evidence, and work to persuade the judge or jury of your innocence.
It’s important to note that getting a criminal case dismissed can be a complex and challenging process. The outcome depends on various legal factors, and not all cases can be dismissed. Working closely with an experienced San Diego attorney like Anton Vialtsin is essential to navigate the legal system and pursue the best possible outcome for your situation.
LAWSTACHE LAW FIRM
BEST SAN DIEGO CRIMINAL DEFENSE
Check out our YouTube Page for more information
A Decade of Experience in Dismissing Cases in San Diego State Court